My newish X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texasavage

Well a buddy of mine gave me his X parts truck so I decided to retire my 25. I had to pull alot off the 25 to get this bad boy rolling. For now i stuck with the stock tank setup, but I think I'd like to midtank it like the 25 later. I don't like getting to the pull start with the tank in the way.

Parts off the 25
--Alum Big Bores (now lowered with the the bumpstops off the stock shocks)
--X platic rollbar
--Wheely bar
--3 spd with dual red fiber brakes
--dogbones
--plastic diffs (will upgrade later to the metal case)
--Ofna thottle mod with alum mixer (thanks Scott!)
--radio gear (I have a hump pack comming from cheap battery packs, once they arrive I'll drop in a 3PM--Thanks Kevin! And Thanks Justin for the charger!!)
--LRP with 086 pipe
--Phaltline rim tire combo were new (I love how these handle - I guess anythings better that the roll from the stock tires)
--New body (I just couldn't put a beat up one on) Silverado (Proline 3159-00)
Its a savage sized body, I wish I had went with a MGT sized like my previous one because the pipe rubs on the body and I had to notch the front bumper to clear the bigbores, no biggie though. I'll defently be looking at the Blitz sized bodies later, I really like the way they fit.
The paint is Pactra Blue Streak (rc252) I was going for an LRP blue, probly should have backed it with some black. It isn't anything like we have been acustomed to lately with all the great work everyones been posting, but that is totally out of my league. I have a hard enough time getting the windows masked off. LoL

Since it was a new truck to me I tore it down completely for a cleaning and reassembled. I'm hoping to get a FLM setup sometime and some parts might move around again later, just have to see how things go.

Ok enough jibber jabber, here are some pics. :)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks Scott!

Don't worry, the front and back halves I got from you are still going into the FLM build (waiting one the shelf), whenever that takes place. Thanks again for the parts bud!

HPISF staff, not sure if I messed up but I linked these pics to my album (the one if you click my user name) and not the gallery. For some reason I thought they were interlinked. I have also uploaded to the gallery if I need to fix, but have no edit button.

Let me know
Thanks!

Thanks bud! I'm pretty happy with the whole setup as well. But even happier when I get the next one started, I'm trying to get 2 complete trucks, one reg length and one ext.

Looks cool, I like how all the blue ties in with the LRP head. I really need to get one of those bodies before they quit making them. I run those wheels except with the Goliath tires, how do you like them with the Phaltlines on them?

Thanks for the feeback fellas!!

Of course I have to represent :hpisf:

Looks cool, I like how all the blue ties in with the LRP head. I really need to get one of those bodies before they quit making them. I run those wheels except with the Goliath tires, how do you like them with the Phaltlines on them?

Thanks Mike I was going for the LRP blue look. Well at least until the body comes off then you see the purple.

Yes I love the Phaltlines but I can't really compare for them you, this is my first street tire. They hold very nicely, but seem to break loose just enough so you won't flip over when taking tight corners. I'd defently give them a :10:

Here is a video from PureNitro so you can see how they perform-->>Savage XL w/ Phaltlines

rctruck

Thanks for the feeback fellas!!

Of course I have to represent :hpisf:

Thanks Mike I was going for the LRP blue look. Well at least until the body comes off then you see the purple.

Yes I love the Phaltlines but I can't really compare for them you, this is my first street tire. They hold very nicely, but seem to break loose just enough so you won't flip over when taking tight corners. I'd defently give them a :10:

Here is a video from PureNitro so you can see how they perform-->>Savage XL w/ Phaltlines

rctruck

I wouldnt toe in the rear at all if your running carriers. might end up with my issue.

Is that what that was from?

I was thinking it was the guard you installed might have came loose and cut it up.

Thanks for the tip Hyp! :resp:

Packs came in today!
Thanks Bank for the help :resp:

cheapbatterypacks.com
--5 Elite 1500 cells w/ Hitec male
--I went for the upgraded bus bars. I know not needed, but they look cool rockout
--Charger adapter Hitec female to Tamiya female w/ 2" lead

Sorry not the best pics, my phone does not take great up close pics
CIMG0125-35.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back