Help me decide on fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texasavage

Well I'm hoping to finally break in my Lrp this weekend, but the fuel I have on hand was opened in July when I first tried to break her in (one way bearing issues). I never even made it through a tank of break in. I'm not sure if this fuel will still be good, its Rocket science 20% not sure what oil % though. I kept it stored on the shelf above the washing machine (in the house).

I'd like to break this one right with some good fuel, but no one locally carries the Byron gen 2 like everyone here is running.
The LHS has
-Traxxas (I understand this is really oily)
-Rocket Science Rocket Science Fuels
-Odonnells
-Power Shot 2 (never heard of this)
-Juice (never heard of this either)

I've heard good things here about Odonnells, Byrons, Trinity, and Sidewinder. So I think I'll try the Odonnells or stick with the Rocket Science.
What are you thoughts on these?
Do you think my fuel is still good?

It doesn't bother me to buy another gallon, I'd rather spend $30 than $180 on a new mill.

Thanks for any input :)
Tobias

sounds like you stored that nitro good enough to run to me. No direct sun light ?

Nope, no direct sunlight. Been sitting on the shelf since July in the laundry room, controlled temps, just not exactly dark. Didn't notice any condensation, but does look like it might need a shake to mix it up alittle. Just wanted to make sure that this baby gets a good break in. It's only had about 3/4 of a tank run through it, so I just wanted to make sure it gets mixture.

Has anyone else used this Rocket science? I was interested how it compares to the other brands out there. When I did my search the only others that I noticed used this stuff are Hop and Jcam (which I haven't seen for some time).

seems to be stored in good place
i think it still in a good cond......
never traid Rocket science before
but used Byrons till i cant found it
I'm now using tornado fuel and it's not bad

ya out of your choices at the LHS i would say o'donnells is the best choice......

yea outta all those choices i would go with odonnells not the rtr tho that fuel sucks get the race if they have it

Thanks for everyone's input!

Dan, I'm not sure which one they have I called them and he didn't say. If it's the RTR just pass on the Odonnells all together?

Boy I wish they carried the Byrons, I've read so many good things here about it. Might have to order some one day

I used Sidewnder 30%/12% oil and a medium cold plug and it ran great, but this time I got the 10% oil version and tried a cold plug but it ran like crap so I'm gonna switch back to the medium cold plug and try it tomorrow. Hopefully it works well cause I got a whole gallon to burn up LOL.

mike try a cold plug on 30 % nitro .. never tryed any of that as i don't et it all i get is trintys platium 30% has 8% oil and i get nitrotane 20% race which is really exellent fuel if you can get it

i run morgans backyard basher 20% and like it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried a cold plug with this 30% nitro, 10% oil and I found that it ran inconsistantly, and had exagerated the HTL. I could play with it some more but I felt that it ran just as good and was easier to tune with the medium cold plug. I'm try that plug and see what I get, if that doesn't work I may try the 12% oil again since I really liked the way it ran and was easy to tune. I changed too many variables at once so I'm going to eliminate them one at a time until I figure out which combo is best for the 5.9 in my climate.

Thanks for the info guys!
Unfortunatly I don't have most of those mentioned available to me :crying:

If the LHS has the odonnells racing blend then I'll pick some of that up, if not I'll stick with the Rocket Science. Someday they will have to pick up some of the others if I bug them enough, right? :)

Thanks for all the inputs fellas :peace:

Latest posts

Members online

Back