Front center dog bone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modified

I was running my xl thru a ten acre field and when i brought the truck back to fill with nitro i noticed the front wheels wasn't pulling.

I looked under the truck and the front center dog bone [ drive shaft ] was missing.

Both cup joints and grub screws were still in and look fine.

My question is how did the dog bone fall out and how is the best way to replace it with out taking the front of the truck apart ?:Mr.confused:

You should be able to remove the front trans grub screw and push the cup toward the back and get the shaft into it.

The only time I lost one is when this happened.

You should be able to remove the front trans grub screw and push the cup toward the back and get the shaft into it.

The only time I lost one is when this happened.

I removed the front trans grub screw and pushed the cup back and still not enough room to get the shaft into the cup.

Dang, I though I had done that before. Can you remove the front on and push it back and install it.

If not just remove the 2 screws into the Bulkhead, then the 2 at the bottom holding the lower skid plate on. Loosen the radio box and pull the TVP's a part just enough to get the whole front half off. Slip in the shaft and reassemble.

Dang, I though I had done that before. Can you remove the front on and push it back and install it.

If not just remove the 2 screws into the Bulkhead, then the 2 at the bottom holding the lower skid plate on. Loosen the radio box and pull the TVP's a part just enough to get the whole front half off. Slip in the shaft and reassemble.

I'll give that a try Larsenracing. Thanks for the info.

the dog bone got put out due to braking bothe heads of the dog b one off or one of them and it ejected lol

Thanks for the great info Larsenracing, got the front center dog bone replaced in about 20 minutes.rockout

Latest posts

Members online

Back