Ceramic Slipper pads?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timo_Geens

Hello,

I think that ceramic slipper pads for x flux v2 don't exist,? I cant find find them,2 local shops told me they don't exist... is there an alternative? Diy? Is completely tightening the nut the only way to prevent them from melting?

IMG-20240604-WA0007.jpeg

Hello,

I think that ceramic slipper pads for x flux v2 don't exist,? I cant find find them,2 local shops told me they don't exist... is there an alternative? Diy? Is completely tightening the nut the only way to prevent them from melting?

View attachment 11871
Maybe try showing the clutch pads you have on the truck then, the truck looks nice but lacks showing the part you are seeking.....

I drove like 3 batteries, tightened the nut completely, untightened 1/4 turn, smelled burned and lost power (to) fast for the money this vehicle costed, I'm more satisfied with my sons traxxas 2wd slash...

I run my slipper on my X with a .32 axial engine tight all the way, it will still slip under heavy stresses
I drove like 3 batteries, tightened the nut completely, untightened 1/4 turn, smelled burned and lost power (to) fast for the money this vehicle costed, I'm more satisfied with my sons traxxas 2wd slash...
Me neither, but with this flux v2 i do...
You must have missed what I said above. so will reiterate again "tighten the nut fully and leave it alone" no need to loosen it at all... once it starts slipping lay off the power and check the slipper for burned or glazed pads.

You must have missed what I said above. so will reiterate again "tighten the nut fully and leave it alone" no need to loosen it at all... once it starts slipping lay off the power and check the slipper for burned or glazed pads.
Didnt missed it ;) thats what i will do when installed the new ones 😀 just followed the manual ...

In my opinion, you should get the #160130 - Center Diff Set, install it with 500k diff oil, and then tighten the clutch all the way. Slipper clutches are for lightweight rc's not for a 1/8 monster truck, but HPI insists on using them on every savage... The best thing I did to my savage was get rid of the gear box and install the Alza center diff kit.

I ordered the pads, but will order the center diff anyway to, thx for the help guys :) cant wait to drive it as it should...

Update, i installed new slipper pads, completely tightened, what a beast 🤣🤣🤣small test run in my street

The center diff and 500k oil arrived also today, but gonna install it when this pads are gone to 🤣🥳

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back