HeadButterz Mid Tank FLM Mod...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headbutterz

Let me first start off by saying that this build would have been a lot trickier if it werent for the members of this forum. Everyone has been extremely helpful. Thanks for putting up with my noob questions and all that jazz.

Most of the pics are after pics... got too carried away in the build putting it together.

Heres the workbench. (HPISF up on the laptop)
DSC00277-1.jpg

My dynamite 053 exhaust with a vantage header.
DSC00285.jpg

Better look at the FLM EXT LCG TVPs anodized black. Pulled the stock shocks off to make way for the Big Bores.
DSC00284.jpg

My Throttle brake servo with my attempt at the Bankrupter Mod. Hitech HS5625MG digital.
DSC00292.jpg

My steering servo. Hitech HS5645MG Digital.
DSC00289.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
good stuff buttz. make sure you update as you complete your build & idk if your aware of it, but we love vids :resp:

My steering servo. Hitech HS5645MG Digital Servo
DSC00289.jpg

My brake and throtttle servo (Hitech HS5625MG Digital Servo) along with my Bankrupter Throttle/Brake Linkage mod.
DSC00282.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

Yes. Those are in fact big bores you see.

Heres my RPM radio box. You cant see it in the picture but the charge jack is located on the bottom of the box.. Sneaky sneaky. I will just cover it with some electrical tape when i drive it.
DSC00293.jpg

My front big bores installed using the hellfire standoffs.
DSC00295.jpg

My rear big bores installed with my DPP wing plate and MBX5 wing stay.
DSC00300.jpg

DPP Wing mount pics
DSC00298.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

Pic of the front end with Proline LPRs with 1/2 in. offset with the aka ibeam tires. you can also see the Savage Suspension Conversion Kit.
DSC00305.jpg

Very nice build & thanks for the deal on the header !
keep us posted on that build man.
SL.

I would test dip a piece of that Plexiglas in some fuel a few times and see what kind of effect it has on it.
But back on topic, thats one bad Savage! What weight oil did you decide to start out with in the BBs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Acrylic plastic - Plexiglass sheet - is produced in several formulations to provide specific physical properties required for various types of applications. Generally speaking, however, the physical characteristics of plexiglass acrylics are:

Transparency - In colorless form acrylic plastic is as transparent as the finest optical glass. Its total white light transmittance is 92%, the highest transmittance physically possible of any material.

Breakage Resistance - plexiglass Acrylic sheet has from 6 to 17 times greater impact resistance than ordinary glass in thicknesses of .125" to .250". When subjected to blows beyond its resistance, acrylic sheet reduces the hazard of injury because it breaks into large relatively dull edged pieces which disperse at low velocity, due to the light weight of the material.

Weather Resistance - The many years of actual outdoor exposure of acrylics in a wide variety of applications, proving its weather resistance, cannot be matched by any other transparent plastic material.

Chemical Resistance - plexiglass Acrylic plastic has excellent resistance to most chemicals, including solutions of inorganic alkalis and acids such as ammonia and sulfuric acid, and aliphatic hydrocarbons such as hexane, octane and VM&P naphtha. It is attacked by the following chemicals:

Gasoline

Chlorinated hydrocarbons such as methylene chloride, a solvent cement widely used, and carbon tetrachloride.

Aromatic solvents such as turpentine, benzene, and toluene.

Ethyl and methyl alcohol.

Organic acids such as acetic acid, phenols, and lysol.

Lacquer thinners and other esters, ketones, and ethers.

Light Weight - Acrylic sheet is less than half as heavy as glass: it is 43% as heavy as aluminum and 70% as heavy as magnesium.

Dimensional Stability - Acrylic sheet is notable for its freedom from shrinking and deterioration through long periods of use. Many drawing instruments requiring exact dimensional stability have been fabricated from Plexiglas.

Combustibility - plexiglass Acrylic sheet is a combustible thermoplastic and should be treated as an ordinary combustible material such as wood. The self ignition temperature (spontaneous combustion) of acrylic is between 850 degree F and 869 degree F. The temperature at which the material will ignite in the presence of a flame is between 550 degree F and 570 degree F. While the ignition temperatures of acrylic are higher than that of most woods, it burns vigorously and generates heat rapidly when involved in fire. The primary products of acrylic combustion are carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide, however, burning acrylic plastic does not produce either excessive quantities of smoke or gasses more toxic than those produced by burning wood or paper. Observe fire precautions appropriate for comparable forms of wood and paper products.

Heat Resistance - The maximum "continuous service temperature" of plexiglass acrylic is between 180 degrees F and 200 degrees F depending on the particular use. This means that while the material can withstand higher temperatures for very short periods of time, it will soften and lose its form or shape if subjected to these higher temperatures for any period of time. While acrylics respond to heat, they are not affected by cold, and will not become cracked or brittle in cold weather.

Electrical Properties - plexiglass Acrylic plastics are affected only a minor degree by weathering or moisture. Its surface resistivity is higher than that of most other materials, and makes an ideal insulator.

U-Factor - heat transfer through .187" thick acrylic is approximately 20% less than through equivalent thickness of glass.

(0.187" acrylic = 1.09 BTU's/hr./sq. ft./ degree F with 15 MPH and 0 degree F air on one side and 0 MPH and 70 degree F air on the other. 0.187" Glass = 1.23 BTU's/hr./sq. ft./degree F under the same conditions).

Ease of Fabrication - It can be sawed, drilled, and machined like wood or soft metals. When heated to a pliable state, plexiglass can be formed to almost any shape.

Members online

No members online now.
Back