Clutch Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smeyers2

Does it matter which direction you install the clutch shoes... clockwise or counterclockwise ??? The pictures I have seen and way my Savage came out of the box the shoes were installed clockwise while the engine spins counterclockwise. Seems to me the clutch shoes would swing out better if they were installed the opposite way I have seen in various pictures. Must be something I am missing. :dunno:

Guess I need to explain... I am looking at the front of the engine, with the flywheel closest to me and the exhaust port farthest away from me.

Some people do install there shoes backwards (they grab better that way ) BUT where out allot faster.... never tried it just what I heard ....

The right way would be clockwise

Thanks Guys... I kept looking at them and thinking this (clockwise) is wrong... it just seemed they would swing out better the other way. Now I know.. Next time I will install them backwards and see what happens. Installing clutch shoes is so much fun.. one of my favorite things to do !
ohmy2.gif

lol . get your hands on a set of mugen 1.0 springs and you wont even think about them being fun lol

Thanks Guys... I kept looking at them and thinking this (clockwise) is wrong... it just seemed they would swing out better the other way. Now I know.. Next time I will install them backwards and see what happens. Installing clutch shoes is so much fun.. one of my favorite things to do !
ohmy2.gif

LOSI makes a really cool Cutch Shoe tool that makes getting the shoes on and off, very easily and quick.

Latest posts

Members online

Back