Chubakas Savvy Xl build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubaka

Just purchased a used Savage Xl I'm calling a basket case. My first 1/8 besides my Ofna. Largest truck is a tmaxx .15 and 2.5, smallest is a 1/16 Slash and Summit. First phase is to get it running. Replace the bent tvp with a FLM tvp. Looking at .28-.32 engine sizes. Thinking of flm 23mm adapters for the 5b wheels. I also want some jumbo kongs for every now and then.also plan on good old savage wheels. The new version look atrocious so the older version for me.

Second phase is custom tvp and a home made truckzilla twin. My old man has metal mill and lathe among other things.

Only photo I have is below. All photos here on out will not be sideways. She came from Connecticut and has rust. Titanium rods are the first step. Debating on titanium screws or a factory kit off the bay.

20231020_194124.jpg

Enjoy the build man! I picked up a dirty 5.9 myself this year and plan to get it up and running soon. My first XL Savage. Picked up an extra set of Terra Pin tires as well. I was just looking at the FLM plates myself. Seems like a good deal for them!

Enjoy the build man! I picked up a dirty 5.9 myself this year and plan to get it up and running soon. My first XL Savage. Picked up an extra set of Terra Pin tires as well. I was just looking at the FLM plates myself. Seems like a good deal for them!
Congrats. My first Savage and I know it's not my last. I still want a 3 speed x 4.6. Back in 2009 I bought an FLM 1/8 chassis for my stampede. Still going strong.
Welcome Chubaka👍👍

Much appreciated.

20230207_174443.jpg

About to get more serious on it. I bought a CVEC .28-.30 heli/plane pipe. Hoping to fit it on this truck. I'm looking at lrp 28 for power. Looks like this has different parts then the rerelease xl so I'm not trying to destroy what I can't fix.

The other pipe is going on one of my Nitro RS4s. It's a rear exhaust exiting above the right rear arm.

20231227_071812.jpg

How was the build ? Just need to do this have a itch that needs scratching 😉
I haven't even started it. 🤪😱 I bought the purple pipe and some odds and ends. I've been focusing on my nitro rs4's and cen f450 recently.

I know the rear bearing, housing and the pinion need replaced.

I haven't even started it. 🤪😱 I bought the purple pipe and some odds and ends. I've been focusing on my nitro rs4's and cen f450 recently.

I know the rear bearing, housing and the pinion need replaced.
Almost finished my xl got to engine selection time and fancy a twin engine but so far can’t find any parts

IMG_5974.jpeg

IMG_5370.jpeg

Almost finished my xl got to engine selection time and fancy a twin engine but so far can’t find any parts

View attachment 11822

View attachment 11823
There on ebay. Hot bodies truckzilla is one. They are pricey. Your looks sweet. I'm getting the same body, just thinking on colors for it.
Nice looking TVP’s lea007007,where are they from?
Pretty sure these are them. I've been eye balling some for this build. I have the stampede chassis from them and love it. It has held up great over the years.

https://www.fastlanemachine.net/proddetail.php?prod=FLM45150

Latest posts

Members online

Back