Best Bang for your buck!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose2851

I have just purchased the Axial 28 RR it's still in the box I have read some things I am afraid of now to take it out of the box. Are my fears real or not real and if so what can I buy thats affortable. My wish list would be to have an RB TM28:10: :10: :10: But $400 dollars is way out of my budget. Thanks for your help I am really hoping not to take the engine back but I don't want a lemon.:FarleyParty:

Never let hype determine what you do. I've seen good and bad comments on the engine. I say give it a go and maybe you'll love it. If not I'm sure you'll hear the common phrase on this site ,"buy an LRP Z.28 spec 3".

Definetly right X. Just because some people have problems with it, doesn't mean you will. The majority policy is in effect with that idea. Believe it or not, theres some people who don't like Savages... *GASP*. lol

I've seen both good and bad points on just about everything. "hype"; just isn't a good reason to question a decision. Personally, I want to get the OS .30VG if my stock motor ever burns up! But, that's what I want. The LRP has good words about it too, but I've also heard they have conrod problems? That's why I never let "hype" make my decisions for me.

ya i wouldnt let what others say stop you from trying it!! as was said i've seen it a million times were someone says this engine is garbage then the next guy states its the best engine out there.. so i guess in the end its up to u but i will try anything once and twice if i like it lol

Bud don't let hype make your decisions.....back when STS came out I did and I had it before everyone started to have problems, well I got one and it was nothing but a pain in the rear......and now look, almost everyone that HAD one its had major failure.....I learned my lesson and won't let hype make decisions, lol. Anyways as far as the motor, give it a go. I have a bud here that runs it in his truggy and he loves it, he liked it so much when he got it that he went back to the LHS and bought 2 more as spares...

well moose i got one and love it.it has flipping low end (any time in first)and in second it will tote the front tires and its on wonderful top end.thats with a 17 or 18 c/b and a 47 s/g
heat cycle the break in then after just a few tanks of fuel you will see what I'm talking about. and for mine it was 119.00 to my door from rcboyz on ebay.its worth every penny of it.

just my 2 cents

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally return it for a LRP or Picco P3. I ran one had less than a gallon on it. Couldnt get the temps down tryed everything. Different pipes different fuels different plugs different gearing, ECT. Front bearing started leaking like a sive with about 1/2 gallon on it. Talked to Axial what poor customer service the worst Ive ever talked to. Could just be my luck but I have heard others say the same but like the guys say there are others who have had great luck with it like Crash, so who knows. Just like everything though some are good and some are bad.

I run 2 Axial 28 Spec 1s's both ar decent motors no real complaints here, I bought them used as well. I will never buy a new Axial motor again due to the Customer Service. Paul Collman's a joke.

Just my .02 but don't let me raving hold you back from trying it.

I've got 4 in my fleet and love them. Strong and reliable.
Customer service does lack a bit.
Joey

You guys rock men women of the savage nature thanks for all your input I am still undecided as to what I will do, my budget is tight and to have problems at all could be big trouble for me. But what the heck I'll try anything once. (to do with the savage) that is:)

Well, it's all up to you moose. The Axial motors both have reported goods and bads, but so does every motor. Even the LRP has a "known history" of snapping connecting rods. Personally I say give it a whirl, never know man, it might be one kickin` motor. You never know until you try it, and down the road you might be thinking, "I wonder how good that motor really was?" if you don't try it.

i agree with AoD every motor and truck has people who love it and people who hate it. one thing for sure is that it is a waste of money to let it sit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got a buddy with axial .28rr(2 gallons at least thru it). keeps up if not faster then my lrp .28spec 3. seems to hold a tune really well. he has had no problems. has treated him really well.

edit:
pullstart seem to be a pos on them. they don't wanna retract after about 5-6 tanks. prolly been thru 4 pullstarts

Last edited by a moderator:
I fired up the Axial 28 RR today let two tanks idel through and one circle tank so far three in total and man am I please this thing starts once warm one pull. It is still almost factory set and the sound and power it is putting out I can't wait to tune it up I won't be able to keep it on the ground or out of the air:)

Good to hear Moose! I got a new spec 1s and love it so far. I too mulled over on what one to get for quite a long time-heard good and bad on all motors I was considering- and after break-in and my first tank of tuning has been great so far-knocks on head, err I mean wood.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

Back