Video tuning guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

This is a good video of rc nitro tuning.

Nitro Tuning Part 1:

Nitro Tuning Part 2:

Very good info and easier to understand then a manual. This should be stickied.

I thought it was really cool, it was even a savage they were tuneing, how great is that !!!! hope this helps someone!!

Nice find bud I think I actually own this on DVD it helped me when I first started tuning should be helpful to the newbies.

just wondering yea that helps alot but wot about when you have the agustment of the midrange needle coz da K4.6 has the mid range

thanx this it so helpfull:10:

I blew my last motor:dunno:

oops
i have changed it but i will set it back thanx SJ

hey SJ
i changed the mid range because it was only after i had run it in and i was getting yoused to the car and the power so it wasnt going over 1/2 throttle :hardlaugh: and it always seemed to bog down so i leaned it out and then in the end i fount it really good and no i diddnt have to touch the lsn

thanx SJ

My mrn fell out one time ... it was a nightmare to tune back in ... even know its a factory flush setting . it was still a real PAIN IN THE BUTT !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
NEVER EVER touch the mid needle. Thats what I tell myself when having tuneing problems any time I do I get my motor SO out a whack it won't run. I see the purpose of it but with the lsn, and hsn my trucks run just fine. If I mess with the mid its all over. You can touch whatever you want, Doobee NOT you, but I personally leave my mids alone.

This coming from a guy who wants me to sign his breast...?????
And I thought I was your hero.... Back on topic samisavage.

Rex... Its best like sami says,.. don't mess with the mid range needle...

Another good reason to leave it alone is when you start tweaking the needle, it tends
to lose it's seal and is prone to walking in the threads from what I've found.

Once that starts to happen, you'll be losing sleep trying to figure it out until you finally
discover the issue.

And don't touch anything of sami's. Weather he offers or not.

Yea you touch something of mind I don't want touched your likely to get your arse kicked!

Don't fret, samster...
If I wanted to touch anything of yours,.. I would kick my own arse.
Just don't make anymore boob signing requests... There's other forums for your lifestyle prefferences.

And Sj,... Are you stir'in up the turds?... Don't make me slap you up side the head with my horse puppie.

BACK ON TOPIC, PLEASE!

mid range is different then the low speed bud !!!

What engine do you have ?

What is the mid range needle?
I have the F4.6. I have a HSN, a LSN, and an idle needle.

A mid range needle is kinda like the low speed needle .. looks kinda the same

it can be found on on the direct opposite side as the low speed needle.

Here is a pic of the surefire .32 carb
mid range is to the left and down by the HSN
t_24457.jpg

Then You don't have one so don't worry about it. I myself have Two mills with the mid needle and have learned to leave it alone.

Yea I agree I have a third needle and have a hard enough time tuneing it in that I'm not going out of my way to make it any harder so I just leave it alone

hi. my mid range needle fell out and i read the manual about it being flush but ever since it fell out i cant get it right. would some one be able to tell me how many turns out if the needle wound fully in so how many turns out. as the flush thing not working for me

keep it flush

the problem more than likely is bad oring in needle

thats why it walked out on ya the first time

hi. my mid range needle fell out and i read the manual about it being flush but ever since it fell out i cant get it right. would some one be able to tell me how many turns out if the needle wound fully in so how many turns out. as the flush thing not working for me
Flush like crash said. This is not a needle, its a venturi and it works with the LSN. Re tune the whole carb with it at flush. Check the O-ring as Crash said also.

Latest posts

Members online

Back