Tired of breaking your pull start string?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TunaBait

Sand Basher
Heres a little trick I have done for a long time.

Most ppl don't know but most stock pull start line is a braided Dacron line (The same they use for pro kites). But what comes stock is like a 50# test. What you can do is get 110# test and replace it after the stock breaks. Note you cant have the line as long as you could with the 50# test but you still can get at least 2 1/2 - 3 feet of line on the spool depending what type it is. Yes the 110# test will still break but will last you much longer then the 50# test. And if you live at the beach like I do a stock line don't last long as the sand chews it up. I would not go any higher in test as it gets to big unless you want a like a foot of line comming out.

And for $15-20 bucks you will have a lifetime supply here is a link.
http://www.windpowersports.com/accessories/line/dacron-line.html

don't know if anyone has posted this before but thought I would. Sticky somewhere if you like .

Hope this helps someone...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuna Bait

I bet the sand is hard on the cords. Thats a great idea for people who are always breaking them. My failures are the cord about 75% of the time and the spring about 25% of the time. But I don't have either situation often enough to worry about it.

Even though it is a bummer when you drive an hour to go bash with your buddies and break a pullstart before you even get your truck started.

if you own a picco, invest in some of this line and install it soon as you can to avoid headaches.

well, when i had mine, the pinch was extremely tight when it was brand new.

also the string used was nothing as strong as the braided stuff you posted and (even though i heated the mill before starting) it didnt last long.

i replaced it with the pull from a spend k4.6ho which was more like the line you posted and it was good 2 go.

As in AGE! lol springs do die after while >=( but i do have a lawn mower pullstart on one of my cars =P

lol you broke this one the frist day ... and its a weed-wacker not a mower

One important thing to remember about ALL pullstarters is not to pull the cord all the way out. Just short pulls that don't extend the rope all the way. The way I see most people do it is pulling the cord all the way out until it stops. So if you do this I guarantee that your stuff will last longer.

Latest posts

Members online

Back