Savage Clutch Bell Preparation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsenracing

Manufacturer
Not sure if many know this but when you purchase a new CB it is always a good idea to clean the inside of it first before running it, especially if running Nylon shoes. From factory they are oiled,coated so they will not rust and so they will have a nice finish you the end user. Anyhow it is a great idea of your to make sure this is removed before you run it. An easy way to do this is by using a scotchbrite pad or some very fine sand paper. I run around the inside of the CB where the shoes contact it a few times. Once done I install and run.

Just a good habit to get into:

Trucks005.jpg

Trucks006.jpg

also to mention if your not using sealed bearings clean all the factory grease out that is in them and just use a drop of oil on the bearing. This being that once the bearings heat up the grease thats in them will come out and end up on your clutch shoes. Then one drop of oil is enough to lubricate.
Great tip Larsen. Alot of peeps think its new so just throw it on and go. :resp: and a :mug: for ya

Last edited by a moderator:
Good looking out for all the newbie's Larson..+Rep for you my friend

No problem guys, Just figuring Id bring it up as most may not know about this. It can be done with out doing this but it will help prolong the life of your shoes as they will slip for a bit until the oil has been worn off/baked off.

cb

good info i never thought of that,makes alot of sense.:thinking:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back