Kyosho 8x10mm diff shim kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

A lot of guys been asking which shims to use for diff shimming. The Kyosho diff shim kit (part # 96644) has 10 of of each thickness .1, .2, and .3 (30 shims) and I found on eBay for $5.

Perfect size for shimming your diff out drive cups and lower shaft in your trans.

just a note... these will not work on the hpi diff cups. I believe it will only work on the cen diffs. Hpi diff cups take 10mm id shims.

just a note... these will not work on the hpi diff cups. I believe it will only work on the cen diffs. Hpi diff cups take 10mm id shims.

the outdrive cup takes a 8mm x 16mm bearing so a 10mm id shim would be 2mm too big.

frddy I thought so too. I bought these kyosho shims and they will not fit over the outdrives on my aluminum hpi diff cups :(

they will work.

you should be shimming the ring-gear side of the diff as you want to shim the ring gear to the pinion (after checking/shimming the pinion to the ring gear of course). The ring gear takes an 8mm x 16mm bearing and this shim is the same i.d. as the inner race. i just shimmed my bullet proofs with these.

the other side of the diff (on hpi savage cups) takes a 10mm x 16mm bearing and if you shim this side of the diff, you'd be shimming the ring gear away from the pinion which would create more slop and negate the reason your shimming in the first place.

if you have nova-hellfire cups (like i used), the shims could work on either side.

so, it would be correct that these shims wouldnt work but only if your shimming the diffs backward.

Anyone have a link to you tube or something on rebuilding these? I launched mine today and don't have a clue on were to start fixing it. Bullet proof sounds good to me, what about true posi?
Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Members online

Back